Thomas Idea’s CEO Uraiporn Cholsirirungskul pointed out interesting data on current social networking popularity, “Facebook evidently ranges number one. Not to mention worldwide figures, more than 6.1 million Facebook members are in Thailand. Of the 6.1 million, 40% ages between 18 and 24, and 35% ages between 25 and 34.”
“Statistics show significant rates of Thailand’s daily social networking site usage approximately – 2.2 million on Facebook; 1.2 million on YouTube; and 90,000 on Twitter. All these figures confirm that online channels have proven to be vital. They are challenging channels that offer business opportunities for marketers to reach prospects, increase sales, and boost brands. Marketers need to thoroughly understand and become technology enthusiast in order to create the most valuable marketing strategies that can be fully implemented to their businesses in
both short and long-term aspects,” she added.
As one of the most successful and highly experienced experts in the digital marketing sphere for over 15 years, Uraiporn shared some of the most intriguing digital outlooks and unveiled 8 highlighted digital marketing trends marketers must know in 2011.
1. Smart Integration of Digital Strategy and Social Media Channels: this requiresa comprehensive understanding on a wide range of online techniques and know-how. It is to expand the boundary of digital space to maximize marketing effectiveness. As long as e-CRM remains a powerful tool to strengthen brand loyalty, online communities are considered necessary for organizations and brands to enhance the relationship they have with their customers by providing a space where both sides can directly communicate and establish long-term loyalty. As social media continues to power people's communications and relations, it is important to aptly set tangible business directions and effective use of social media.
2. Facebook: Who will win the digital social mass? Facebook is one of the most influential marketing and advertising channels for today’s businesses. Global and local brands keep finding new enticing ways to increase their ‘Like’ numbers on Facebook fan page. However, brands need to focus on building relationship with real fans by considering quality as well as quantity.
In addition, social media requires operating costs, especially when more and more innovative applications, such as Facebook Shop and Facebook Messaging, are released, it is very crucial for brands to provide professional and prompt responses to all users and be well-prepared
for any troubles incurred on the fast-growing social network.
3. The Power of Brand Engagement is truly Relationship: marketers need in-depth strategy to successfully create brand awareness and engagement. Campaign micro sites and brand community sites that contain useful information, compelling user experience, interactivity, attractive content and features will engage users to the sites, allowing potential buyers longer access to products or service information, and consequently generating purchase intents. Next year, more online videos will be featured to entice target consumers.
Major social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter continue to develop more clever functions and features, such as embedded photos and videos, to answer the needs of marketers in creating powerful brand engagement.
4. The Year of e-Commerce and Social Commerce: an increase of online stores in Thailand will be considerable. Consumers will feel more secured of online payment system. Social commerce will be a challenge business innovation for all brands.Users will expect good usability and well-designed user experience from all e-Commerce sites. e-Store must equip with advanced functionality in order to plan effective sales strategies, manage orders and stock balances, provide accurate shipments, and ensure strong security system.
5. Revamp of Online Promotions: technology experienced marketers will bring an exciting change, introducing new behaviors to the market. For example, Collective Buying Power,led by Groupon or Social Discount on several campaigns, indicates prompt response of brands to the demand of consumers as a group. In addition, 2011 will be a competitive year for online promotions among the growing number of online stores.
A wide variety of promotions will be implemented to compete in the market, such as one-day deal, weekend deal, friend & family deal. Well-structured CRM platform will be an advantage for online stores to efficiently offer personalized deal.
6. On-the-Go Devices to change consumer behavior: On-the-Go devices, including mobiles, smart phones, iPad, tablets, etc., introduce a new level of experience and interaction to consumers, which will change the way they consume and perceive information. It is essential for marketers to understand and apply the most appropriate communication techniques, and create applications to provide exceptional service to consumer.
7. Brands to invest on new mobile applications: a diverse range of mobile applications will be developed to offer a higher degree of experience and dynamic functionality that matches different lifestyles and interests of the target group. For instance, Commercial App with Push Updates is great for consumers to easily get quick access to web-based information and content.E-Catalog and e-Magazine engage consumers through interactive and rich media content. Shopping App and Geo-Social App facilitate consumers and increase purchase intents. Social & Mobile Game App provides consumers with trendy games and entertainments.
8. Eyes on Google-Apple-Facebook: with advanced development of cutting edge technologies to serve the rising demands of consumers on the cyberspace, these three technology giants will continuously build extremely powerful Online Advertising & Marketing platforms. Marketers must be able to find intensive media strategy & planning while having extensive understanding of consumer behavior.
This year, Thomas Idea’s revenue increased by 20% from last year as expected. The company provides a full range of online services, including online strategy consulting, web/application design & development, and digital marketing services that cover digital marketing strategy, online branding, and social media management & analysis. Over fifteen years of establishment, Thomas Idea has built up a strong team of distinguished professionals and is ready to step forth to affirm its position as a leading interactive agency in Asia.